Thursday, July 21, 2011

Familar Fright

The house was in the middle of a meadow, vacant lots surrounding the house, there was a tractor trail then field. Very open outside the moon light gave the outside shadows. When the wind blew you can see the grain dance in the field. It was a shot gun trailer,rooms on either side and the kitchen and living room in the center of the house.
I remember pulling up to the house and there being tress in the front yard past a small clearing. I walked in to the house once and stayed but others were coming and going as the day went by. In th house that felt like home, safe but uneasy.The familiar feeling but with the sense that nobody had been there for awhile, even with all the foot traffic. Everyone I saw or associated with was not really afraid with me but felt a presence.
I kept flashing to images of me seeing my other family members killed. A sense of loss and the mystery of their death. No specifics on whether they were shot, stabbed, just death. A feeling of loss.
I don't remember falling asleep just remember waking up from a nap, it was the last light of dusk and but moon's light shining be hide it chasing the sun for strength & dominance.
The window was open over head, Kay sat on the bed watching TV with no volume sitting at the foot of the bed.
"How long has this window been open?" I whispered, lifting my hand from the bed and closing it.
"Not that long."
I think I peaked out the window and saw the shadow figure. Ducking down in disbelief, did I see someone? The layout of the room is familiar one of my youth. To my left are three windows like a bay window but not so rich, more like empty with cream thin curtains. the closet in front of us, with no doors, just the clothes hanging up with a bunch of shoe and shoe boxes underneath them, some boxes behind them. and the Right wall of the room had the bathroom door and the exit to the hall.
I shared my concerns with my friend, she too felt uneasy and had seen a figure, a dark man. She called one of our guests to the room as well. she wanted to tell Kelly so at least we can all stick together.


I went to investigate. There was company there, I saw their shadows on the wall and heard light chatter. Who is here, I thought nobody came here? I passed the living room window and peaked outside again, nobody was there. All the windows were very open, there was just a thin curtain and glass. All the windows were open letting the breeze dance with them. But the lighting throughout the house was orange yellow stale hue, candlelight almost.
I ignored everyone else, asked my sister if it a good idea to be here. As I made it to the kitchen, she was standing in front of the sink and the kitchen window. She wasn't going to leave and she tells she thinks she saw someone and looked outside, saw nothing and went back to making drinks. I left her back in the kitchen.
Returning to the room I walked into an open window, you can hear Kelly and Kay in the bathroom. I started calling to Kay if she opened window as I went cautiously to the window, I knew he was going to jump out from the shadows or curtain it self, for he just might manifest.
It was the middle window, the curtains grazed my face and side as I my fingertips found the window sill and pulled the window down. I kept looking in the corners of the room, my eyes were still trying to find any movement, anything misplaced, moving. Closed, I walked backwards to the bed, and sat down. The room's only light was from a small color TV. watching for anything. I could feel he was there, his soulless eyes looking back at me, leering. Kay and Kelly emerge in the hall, distracting me. From behind the clothes, he manifests. First thing I see is his big dirty construction boots. He is wearing a long black jacket, his face is painted white and black, big circles around his eyes, his mouth with long oval across his face, emotionless his drawn on facial paint. In his right hand a big hunting knife. A clown? crossed my mind as I was frozen in fear but as we started screaming, I moved towards him. He direction was just forward motion and I felt that he was after me. I jumped towards him. I felt the knife on the back of my forearm as I got under the it, his chest in my face......then I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment