Thursday, July 21, 2011

Sandwiches

<<<<=====My sandwiches.======>>>>

Why do I make my sandwiches like I do? Maybe I did believe that behind every great tasting sandwich is research & the taste, the order as well as process behind every great combination.
I just like making sandwiches. I like vegetables that you can put on sandwitches, even the simple staples make a sandwich.

I like making everyone, their sandwich to their preference if it is not a social event. If I remember your sandwich, then I know I have a good start.
-George: onions, mircale whip
-Papi: NO tomatoes. mayo, mustard (if both available) & tabasco sauce.
-I think my sister's are NO mustard kind of gals.


Other dressing choices:
- Ranch
- Italian

Spices:
- Garlic powder
- salt n pepper

Vegetable choices:
- Staples:
*Tomatoe
*onions
*lettuce
-Optional:
*avocado
*jalepeno
*olives
*cucumbers
*banana peppers

Cheeses: We have so many cheeses available to us. I would like to take the time on day and become knowledgeable for other types of cheeses that could make it all come together in a different taste for a sandwich. Until then....

Popular Choices:
-Pepper Jack
-Sharp/Mild Cheddar
-Motzarella
-Parmensan

Breads are essential to the process. And just like the world of cheese there are several choices for bread. But when I think Bread choices, I am always looking for a social gathering. My everyday sandwiches that feed my loved ones for lunch.
Sliced bread, bollios, small sub, Onion bread, Crossiants.

Meats:
-Cold:
*Smoked Ham
*Smoked Turkey
*Roast beef
*Tuna
-Hot:
*Steak strips
*Chicken breast strips
*Egg
*Meatball


So there is a start. Cause the process, the coating, the layers, the melting of cheese, the cut, the presentation.

Sides to match:

*Tortilla chips and Salsa
*Doritoes or Cheetos
*Plain Lays
*Macoroni & Cheese
*French Fries
*Pickle Spears
*Carrots & Celery
*Apples & Pears

No comments:

Post a Comment